I’m reading Jacqueline Bussie’s new book, Love Without Limits. In her chapter on “A Mother’s Love [Charlotte],” she writes 40 love lessons from her mom…
(note: I’ve bolded my favorites)
1. Even if you are not a great singer, sing anyway. God will love the sound of your voice, simply because it is yours.
2. If it gets to be too much inside, go outside. The sun on your face feels like an “I’m sorry” from the world, or from God.
3. Always visit sick, old, dying, and hurting people. Most people avoid looking hardship in the face, but you must always sit down beside it and look it straight in the eye.
4. Everyone just wants to be loved. It’s always within your power to give this to people, even when you don’t feel it yourself.
5. Even if you didn’t get to have/see/do it, you can still create a world in which your children might.
6. Always put a little lipstick on in the car at the first red light. Smiles need to be seen.
7. If you make a promise, keep it. Forever is forever, even if it hurts.
8. Never lend money, but instead give it away—especially to those who have less than you. The love of money is a slave trader who will auction off the souls of the people you love.
9. Showing a person that you remember what they… Read More